Resist the Googling trigger fingers and use your brain instead. All the quotes below reveal an interesting personality – and are attributed to one real person. Can you put your secret service psychologist hat on – and guess who said it?
Don’t let Sharon throw you off.
Clues: he is said to be an ENTP and very intelligent.
- The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.
- Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active.
- Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!
- He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.
- The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.
- Where there is shouting, there is no true knowledge.
- Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation… even so does inaction sap the vigour of the mind.
- Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master.
- Experience never errs; it is only your judgments that err by promising themselves effects such as are not caused by your experiments.
- Just as courage is the danger of life, so is fear its safeguard.
- Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.
- Time abides long enough for those who make use of it.
- It is better to imitate ancient than modern work.
- The smallest feline is a masterpiece.
Do comment if you wish – and especially if you don’t know the answer! I am very curious to see who you come up with 🙂
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.