My inner bored-Elon-Musk says:
we need an app that spits out the number of calories in food using the camera through optical recognition, like Facebook analyses faces.
Then we would all be fit and trim, right?…
P.S. My IG stories mostly consist of pictures of food 🙂
Here is a “bored Elon Musk” type idea. (I get them a lot.)
- Authors often struggle to get an audience
- People love subscription services
- Could you subscribe people to books they’ll like?
Turns out, Kindle beat me to the punch:
“Unlimited Reading. Unlimited Listening. Any Device. Enjoy this book and over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and recent magazines on any device for just £7.99 a month.”
*It would go something like this:
- The author provides the service with a number of 100% discount codes for their eBook.
- There is a gentle review process to pick, let’s say, 10 authors each month, in each category.
- The consumer gets a set of 10 such codes, for 10 different books, emailed to them every month, and pays a small fee for this subscription
- The author gets 1/10 (fee*number of subscribers – small cut for services) for their efforts. Their upside: exposure, reviews, and money – after all, it’s not nice to ask people to work for free.
Could still do it for non-Amazon platforms. Writers, whatcha think?
P.S. Awesome video by Jordan Peterson on existentialism.